- Linking services to families with special needs
- The Franklin County Providers
MR/DD is an embodiment of county providers that meet regularly to address concerns of
families having difficulties locating services/solutions involving MR/DD issues.
- The purpose of the Franklin County Providers MR/DD is to
provide a forum for discussion of issues related to the needs/problems of individuals with
developmental delays or disabilities and their families.
- The Franklin County Providers MR/DD limits itself to
exploring direct support options for families exploring direct support options for
families with special needs or concerns.
- This group of providers plan to explore several projects
identified as high/top priority by families in the county.
Current Goals (Based on Individual Needs)
- Community Resource Guide: ongoing
- Provides the family with information in their county
regarding their special concerns.
- The Patch Fund: someone in need
- Targets individual needs of a family and providers direct
- Rest and Relaxation for Everyone (camps/trips)
- Supports individual's rights to recreational facilities
- Same as State MR/DD definitions
- Justification in the county